ARIANA TO PERFORM Manchester benefit concert set despite London attacks

A benefit concert for the victims of the Manchester arena suicide attack was still set to go on Sunday in spite of additional terror attacks in London, which left seven dead and more than 40 others injured, cops said.

The “One Love Manchester” show is set to include Ariana Grande, whose show was the target of a bomber last month who killed 22 people and injured 116 others– primarily children.

Police said security was going to be raised and concertgoers were asked not to bring bags into the arena.

“There will be additional security checks taking place and everyone will be searched, including bags,” Garry Shewan, assistant chief constable with Manchester police, said in a statement, according to Reuters. “We would ask people not to bring bags if they can, as this will speed up entry.”

Coldplay, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams, Take That and the Black Eyed Peas are also expected to dip into the concert. The event will occur at the Emirates Old Trafford Cricket Ground.

The concert is anticipated to be carried by broadcasters around the globe. Proceeds will go to an emergency fund established by the city of Manchester and the British Red Cross.

Grande returned to Britain on Friday to comfort young victims who stay hospitalized.

Grande shared an image of her check out to Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital with her 107 million Instagram followers. The caption was simply a heart.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.