As the summer season sizzles, and your car becomes more of a sauna than a vehicle, let your mind wander to the sandy shores of your favorite beach.
Now, not all of us can drop everything to go cliff-diving off the Almafi Coast, or lounging on a boat by a Grecian Island, or monkeying around in the jungles of Thailand, but the world according to Instagram can help you find your happy-place on social media.
Here are 17 of the hottest beaches Instagram has to offer: Click here for the slide show
- Take the leap into Furore, Italy.
- Reflect on calm shores in Costa Rica
- She sells seashells on Sanibel Island, Fla.
- Go under the sea in Hawaii.
- Isola Bella, which is Italian for “beautiful island,” truly lives up to its name.
- Koh Klet Kaew, Thaliand is often referred to as Koh Ling, which means “Monkey Island” in Thai.
- Belieze is pretty “unBelizeable.”
- Float away off the coast of Zakynthos Island in Greece.
- Picture perfect purple on Pfeiffer Beach in California.
- Swing into cyan surf in the Maldives.
- Soak up the sun on the black sand beaches of Santorini, Greece.
- Try sitting pretty in pink in the Bahamas.
- Wash away stress in the Baths of the British Virgin Islands.
- Umbrellas reminiscent of popsicles await in Positano, Italy.
- Don’t forget to look up at the San Diego sky.
- When you’re done partying in Ibiza…
- … snag yourself a hideaway in La Jolla.
Now that you’ve seen what Instagram has selected as its favorite beaches, see which area in Florida was named Dr. Beach’s #1 Beach for 2017.