The South Florida job market is hot! The boom of new businesses and expansion of established markets allow for plentiful opportunities for seasonal, long-term, part-time, and full-time employment.
CareerSource Broward, and community partners Mission United and Broward College, are back for the annual ‘Paychecks for Patriots Hiring Fair’ on November 6. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Broward College’s Central Campus, Building 10, 3501 Davie Road, Davie.
This year’s participating employers include companies that are currently hiring in South Florida: Broward County, Carnival Cruise Line, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, Bombardier Learjet, The Hertz Corp., Wells Fargo, Macy’s, and more.
The one-day hiring event is intended to encourage veterans, with veteran-only hours from 10 a.m. to Noon. The general public is invited to participate from Noon until 2 p.m.
From 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. the event will highlight a résumé café to assist veterans wanting to enhance their résumés.
Thinking of attending? Pre-registration is encouraged online at CareersourceBroward.com bit.ly/P4P_2017.
Here is a list of additional employers who would love to hire you:
- Sixt, a German car rental company establishing its North American headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, is seeking applicants in the areas of finance, marketing, accounting, reservation agents and customer service. Apply at Sixt.com.
- AT&T is hiring 65 call center jobs for its Sunrise location. To apply online, visit work.att.jobs/CallFlorida.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods is hiring for approximately 55 temporary part-time associate positions at its stores in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Job seekers can visit dickssportinggoods.jobs
- Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise recently held a job fair for its tenants, with more than 500 jobs available. Positions are for seasonal and long-term.Check Indeed.com or with a specific store for the most current job openings.
- Yard House is hiring more than 200 part-time jobs for its new Sawgrass Mills restaurant in Sunrise. Apply through Nov. 15 at Yard House’s hiring center located inside the Sawgrass Mills Mall at 12801 West Sunrise Blvd., No. 965.